Saturday, February 25, 2012

umumummm

In a given moment, I have an infinite number of factors that make my life mine.  Before I commence with storytelling, I would just like to point out that ALL of the different events and characteristics of my life at this moment--and THIS one and THIS one--are just...wonderful.  Even the bad stuff is wonderful in its own way.  If you haven't figured out how great your life is, think about it and don't stop thinking until you know that it's great.  Every life deserves to be appreciated.

Now.  My life is funny but I can't remember any recent stories that are perfect for my blagh so I'm reminiscing.

Story of the Lil Baby Scar on my Left Foot
I love eating grapes, but other than when I am chewandswallowing them, we tend to meet under unpleasant circumstances.  Like when Carine is chucking them at me.  Or...when they give me scars.

Once upon a high school day, I was walking just outside the cafeteria, wearing sandals with extremely poor traction.  Walkingwalkingwalking--sandal steps on grape, grape slides, sandal slides, foot slides with it, skin on top of foot slides against tile floor (how??), foot bleeds, body's balance goes berserk, COMPLETE AND UTTER WIPE OUT.  I am sprawled on the ground.

The above is one of those "if-I-didn't-have-a-sense-of-humor-I-would-die" times.  I think I developed a sense of shame that grew slowly in elementary school, peaked in middle school, and decreased all through high school.  So college then found me devoid of embarrassment.  Luckily, Grape Incident occurred junior year, so I was already down to like...3 out of 10 on the shame scale.  (Disclaimer: There are separate shame scales for silly things and naughty things.  My Silly Shame score is about 0, my Naughty Shame score a 10 and staying strong.)

If I ever take myself too seriously, I just look down and see a little scar on my foot and I perspective-ify my thoughts.  Life lessons come in strange forms sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment