Thursday, February 16, 2012

ha. haha. hahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sooo here's the thing.  I started writing in my journal, so writing in my blog just seemed a little redundant and I saw no point.  However, I realized that I can get the best of both worlds!  In my journal, I get to write about things that will remain a mystery, and in my blog, I'll record all the funny little things that happen in my life.*  And whatever else I feel like recording.  A lot of funny things happen, because God knows I have a sense of humor and He has one too, so we get to share laughs...frequently.  I consider my sense of humor one of the greatest gifts that God has given me, and I thank Him so much for it--especially for those times when it helps me turn horrible days into the funniest as I laugh life's foibles away.


Story Number One.  The Reeses Puffs Story.
It was Friday night, and I had resolved to leave my friends early to do some much needed work for school (Report: An aquatic study of macro invertebrates in the Provo River.  I needed a LOT of my sense of humor to get through that paper).  But just as I was sitting at my desk, Carine walked into my room to show me the Yoda pen prize from her Reeses puffs box.  Of course, we decided we wanted to GET ALL EIGHT CHARACTER PENS.  Starting from a clean slate, so her Yoda didn't count.


We ran--literally--to the creamery and I bought two boxes.  Opened them, got two new characters.  Bought and opened two more, two more--we had now spent about 16 dollars and had SIX different pens.  By this time, the cashier was in on our goal and some fellow customers were onlooking and laughing at us.  We bought the last two--making me bankrupt on my dining card, by the way--AND WE GOT ALL EIGHT.  ALL EIGHT PENS IN ONLY EIGHT BOXES.  We jumped and screamed so much that another worker came to see who was dying and the cashier took a picture and told us how cool she thought we were.


It was a statistical miracle, and we considered going to Vegas right away to win a million dollars.  But instead I went home and wrote my paper.  But I was happier doing it.






Story Number Two.  Tripping.
So this isn't just one story, it's a shout out to ALL the times I've been walking by myself (but surrounded by strangers) on campus and have tripped and stumbled.  You know people saw but you can't just turn around and be like, "Please laugh with me so I can not feel embarrassed about this."  Or maybe I'll just do that next time?


Story Number Three.  Greeting people that don't greet you back.
Also just a general funny thing--I think I've said hi to at least five people in the last 24 hours that have either 1. not heard me, 2. not seen me, and/or 3. been saying hi to the person behind me.


Story Number Four.  Gymnastics in the basement.
In the middle of writing my macro invertebrates paper the day after the Reeses phenomenon, I realized I needed a break so I went down to the empty basement room to do some gymnastics exercises.  A few minutes in, Cami came in to wash dishes but she told me to pretend she wasn't there.  Now, that's really hard to do, so I was still embarrassed but I decided to just do a backbend and try to forget that she was a few feet away washing dishes.  Unfortunately, a couple seconds into my backbend, a SEARING pain went through my left side back, and I almost cried out.  BUT I COULDN'T BE A WIMP WITH CAMI THERE!  So I just bit my lip and slowly sat back down and tried to not cry while I waited for the pain to subside.  ...I went upstairs a few minutes later.  (Note: my back is now just fine).


*Disclaimer: YOU MIGHT NOT THINK THESE STORIES ARE FUNNY.  If that's the case, I have three suggestions for you:  
         One, look up "Boys will be girls" by the Harvard Sailing Team on youtube.  Never fails to make me laugh.  
         Two, fake laugh.  Really, fake laugh out loud.  Try it.  TRY IT.
         Three, if you didn't laugh after one or two...never look at this blog again.  I'm still going to write the stories because I want to remember my life.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for the update. i hope there will be many more to come

    ReplyDelete
  2. fake laughing ALWAYS works. but i didn't even need to resort to that this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was already laughing, but when you suggested fake laughing i just laughed even harder hahah you are too funny meg! :)

    ReplyDelete