Wednesday, February 29, 2012

such and such and back again

Story of What Happened Today
I deactivated my Facebook account today.
Then I wanted to tell people about it so I went to make a Facebook status.
...oh.

Story of Finding My Dream Husband (Not particularly humorous but still particularly golden)
Okay, this is not a love story.  But kind of.  I met this older man (WAIT before you get uncomfortable) yesterday morning.  In the Anne of Green Gables series, Anne calls especially wonderful people "kindred spirits" or she says that they are of the race of Joseph.  This man was as kindred-y and spirit-y and race-of-Joseph-y as a person could get.  I actually wrote down our conversation word for word after he left.

Most important point: He said that every day was the best day in the history of the world, and the reason was that he was married to his wife for another more day.  My heart MELTED.  How great is that?!  He loves his wife so much that he can't go two minutes without talking about her to a perfect stranger.  This is why that man represents my dream husband.  Maybe my husband will have a different way of showing it than my new friend Bob, but he's sure going to love me that much and you can bet I'm going to love him that much right back.

Story of How I Am Gullible
Yes.  I am.  Very.  When people tell me that "gullible" is written on the ceiling, I just HAVE to look, because it's probably not but what if it is??  Forreals, what if you missed out on the one time that "gullible" really was there.  (Look up, because "gullible" is written on your ceiling...like, I just had to look at my own ceiling.)  Incidentally, "gullible" really is written in chalk on the ceiling of the tunnel that leads from Hinckley to the RB.  Look next time.

So, today's gullibility story.  I got two glasses of milk and I thought that I filled them, but when I looked half an hour later (no one had taken a drink from them), I SWEAR the milk level was lower.  And this is the second time I've noticed this happening.  I told my friend and said it was probably just the frothy bubbles disappearing, but then he explained otherwise.

He said that milk condenses when it sits, so the milk level really did get lower.  And he said that if i shook up my cup a little bit, the molecules would spread out and I'd have a full glass again.

If anyone ever tells you that if you shake up a non-carbonated drink, then it swells up somehow--don't believe them.  Trust me.

1 comment:

  1. 1. you should tweet it
    2. i love that old man story! i'm glad you blogged about it so that i could hear the story again :)
    3. your gullibility brings me great joy. never stop checking the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete